The mark of an Expert Teacher is not years of practice but rather an awareness of what to do and how to be a tope performer. There is more to expert performance than just knowledge and skills.
In our Expert Teacher programme you’ll gain everything you need for success as a professional teacher – not only learning our teaching process and strategies, but how to apply it for sustainable measurable results.
Teachers may need to have clear understanding of why, when and how each of these strategies can be effective, and exactly what it means to demonstrate them in a way that is optimal to promote students’ learning. All strategies are supported by robust evidence of positive impact on student learning. As a result, you’ll learn to change lives, while building a thriving business.
The development programme consists of two parts: the preparation programme and the development programme. In the preparation programme the teacher is introduced to three powerful and proven models and approaches. These are:
The Jump Start Programme is the first part of the Expert Teacher Programme. This preparation programme was designed to provide participants with knowledge skills, tools and resources to start their professional development journey for all grade levels and subject areas.
The Programme consists of four key components of training.
- Knowledge and rationale for evidence-based teaching strategies.
- Practicing the Three-Level teaching structure.
- Practice of the strategy. This would include professional collaborative work in implementing the new strategy effectively.
- The learning opportunities documented in the core studies occurred over an extended period of time – between 2-3 years.
The ongoing learning required teachers to engage with new knowledge that involved theoretical understandings, assessment and practice. It also requires collaboration and participation in a professional community that supported the new strategies and practice at the same time.
The programme is supported by a powerful teacher competency assessment tool for evaluating teacher quality..
Teachers start to become skilled with a particular method after about 10 repetitions with improvement plateauing after 6 months to 2 years of use.
This unique teacher in-service training programme will prepare participants for the Expert Teacher Certification. The training programme provides professional development and hands-on teaching tools for in-service teachers who want to learn and teach the Smart Teaching systems.
The Expert Teacher preparation programme was designed to provide participants with knowledge skills, tools and resources to start their professional development journey for all grade levels and subject areas. The Programme can be scheduled anytime during the year and can be customised for schools specific group of participants and time frame.
The main objective of the programme is to provide training to teachers and prepare them for implementation of the Smart Teaching System.
By the end of this presentation, teachers should be able to:
- Identify the characteristics of effective and efficient teaching
- Identify the most effective, evidence-based and proven teaching methods and strategies
- Use the most efficient way to implement and apply these strategies
- Apply and use the three-level structure for greater teaching effectiveness and efficiency.
- Describe how best different methods can be used in a lesson
- Identify appropriate guidelines for a particular teaching and learning process.
Develop teaching competencies using up-to-date rich resources and tools, and gain the status of Expert Teacher
If you are a teacher, a school principal, a supervisor or an official working for the ministry of education, interested please contact us …